Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A bit about me

The funny thing about my starting a blog is that I think so much about what I should write, that I never really post anything. (I started THIS note in 2008. It's now 2010!!!) So now I'm jumping into it with both feet. Let me tell you what I've been up to in a nutshell. I'll fill in more details later...

I am currently in Utah County. I moved here in April of 2007 when I was offered a job with Intermountain Healthcare. I had the opportunity to help open a new WorkMed clinic in Springville (a few minutes south of Provo).

In January 2010 I left my full-time position so I could go back to school (again) full-time at UVU. I've decided I want to be a radiology technologist when I grow up. Sometimes I wish I had known that a few years ago, but then, I would not have the adventures and experiences that have come my way down here.

I lived in Provo for awhile. The first ward I lived in was fantastic. I met a lot of great people (you know who you are ;) and did a lot of fun and crazy things. I was pretty happy and I loved my job. But people moved on and so did I. I ended up in South Provo for awhile, but that ended when my company cut me down to part-time. (Stinking economy anyway!!!) Lucky for me, I have an awesome family. I moved in with my aunt and uncle, and have lived here for almost a year now.

I currently work for WorkMed on an 'as needed' basis, and I watch my sister's kids.

I also have a really awesome job working on-call for a company that sends me all over the place to work in clinics preparing soldiers to be deployed. I can't tell you how much I love that job. I only get sent out every six weeks or so, but I thoroughly enjoy it. I have to say, I never thought I was army material, but I've always wanted to do my part to serve the country. This is my opportunity. I have met so many AWESOME people. Did I mention that I love it?

Those of you who know me well know that my life takes some quirky twists and turns - which is why, with all the fun, happy, comfortable things I have going on in life right now, I will be moving home at the end of the summer. I will start classes at Weber State in the fall. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.




No comments:

Post a Comment